Finding a home in a community where your family can grow is an important step to achieving a prosperous lifestyle. A good education system is the foundation of a thriving community, which is why Shelburne is the perfect place for your family to reside.
The town of Shelburne is part of the Upper Grand District School Board (UGDSB), which includes elementary, secondary, Catholic and private schools. Some of the schools in the area include:
- Centennial Hylands Elementary School
- At Centennial Hylands, their motto is “Learning to learn together.” This school has a staff dedicated to ensuring that students are able to successfully learn their curriculum through ongoing professional learning, focusing on academic excellence math and language. Their school contains 3 programs including English, French Immersion and Developmentally Delayed. They pride themselves on their balanced academic programming, including using computer technology, and their active participation in arts and athletic programs.
- Glenbrook Elementary School
- Glenbrook provides a high quality, safe and caring educational experience to children in JK – grade 8. They focus on bringing together a variety of cultural backgrounds and creating diversity and interest for all learners. Their vision is “Giving Our All, Engaging in Learning, Showing Kindness.” At Glenbrook, they do their best to create a positive learning environment for each child by encouraging an inclusive learning space so all children can succeed.
- Hyland Heights Elementary School
- Hyland Heights replaced the Shelburne Junior School, which had served the town and surrounding area for 100+ years. The school ensures that all students have the right to a welcoming, caring and safe learning environment. They are conscious about the important role that parents and families play in the development of their students, which is why they focus on working alongside parents to share best practices that will allow the children to succeed.
- Centre Dufferin District High School
- Centre Dufferin DHS is renowned for academic excellence and extra-curricular success. Their team, commitment, flexibility and mutual respect are what make the children successful. At CDDHS, their goal is to create a welcoming, safe, and friendly environment where students can grow their pathway to success.
Dufferin Peel Catholic District School Board (DPCDSB)
- St. Andrew Elementary School
- St. Andrew’s prides themselves on being unique. They believe that together, everyone achieves more. Their staff works together with parents and students to create a positive environment where students will succeed. They’ve built a strong community that focuses on school spirit and supporting their faith.
- St. Benedict Elementary School
- St. Benedict has been around since 1999. As one of the 3 Catholic Schools in town, their schools motto is to “pray and work.” Their school is named after St. Benedict who created a monastery in Monte Cassino, which became the foundation of monastery life in the Catholic Church. As the first person to create monastic communities, his beliefs and instructions on religious life are still used as a guide today.
- St. Peter Elementary School
- At St. Peter’s, they’re focused on developing and sharing their faith. Alongside creating a positive school environment, they focus on being the people that God wants them to be, by using their foundation of the Church to help students renew the call to become leaders within their Christian faith.
- Hillcrest Private School
- Hillcrest has been the leader in Dufferin County for higher education for over 30 years. They’re an independent, co-educational school engaged in higher education, offering a challenging program progressing academically from pre-school to a university prep curriculum at the secondary level. Their vision is to help young people develop exuberance for life and learning and to value honesty, compassion, and respect.
- Orangeville Christian School
- Orangeville Christian School is more than just a school – they are also a community. They partner with teachers and others to foster a love of learning, a love of God and creation, and a love for others that will prepare children for their lifelong educational journey.
- The Maples Academy
- Since 1989, this school has been providing higher quality alternative education, rooted in the basics, using traditional teaching methods. They use a “back to basics” approach with a focus on strong moral values. Their curriculum involves a variety of subjects including visual arts, instrumental music, drama/dance, French, technology and much more! The teachers take the time to inform parents in daily blog posts about upcoming events, reminders and exciting learning material taught in class.
Residents can also find some of the top post-secondary institutions close to home! Children can plan for their future by attending one of these renowned establishments including:
- Ontario Fire Academy Inc.
- Georgian College
- Humber College
- Alliston Learning Centre
Register for Ravines Edge
Be part of the community of Shelburne by registering to make Ravines Edge your home! Invest in Freehold Townhomes starting from $399,900. Immerse yourself in this growing community, where modern style meets country charm!